Just a few random, odd historical facts . . .
1. George Washington ran a distillery at Mount Vernon and produced thousands of gallons of whiskey . . . Rye and corn whiskey.
2. Thomas Jefferson was accused of having an affair with his slave, Sally Hemings, who was actually his wife's half-sister.
3. The Monroe Doctrine was not written by Monroe.
4. Andrew Jackson replaced about 919 of his government employees, rewarding his loyal followers and dumping the rest.
5. Zachary Taylor's body was exhumed in 1991 (I think that was the year) in order to verify that he died of natural causes. For years foul play was suspected.
Russ Olivo: Above the Fold
1 hour ago