Monday, February 22, 2010

All of us collect fortunes when we are children--a fortune of colors, of lights and darkness, of movements, of tensions. Some of us have the fantastic chance to go back to this fortune when grown up.

Ingmar Bergman quoted in Time December, 1980

Sometimes, at the end of a long day of writing, I feel so tired and so achy, and yet so lucky. Lucky to have had a long day of writing with few interruptions. Lucky, lucky, lucky to be able to say, I was there in the middle of so much of what Bergman calls my fortunes that I have collected and recollected so many times.

2 comments:

. Salon Noir . said...

oh my gosh i am such a crazy Bergman fan. as far as i'm concerned he was the definition true artist/film maker. thank you for posting this :) did you know that Max Von Sydow is in the new movie Shutter Island? He looks so old and it makes me sad

. Salon Noir . said...

what's your favorite Bergaman flm?