can now be ordered on Amazon. It's a collection of poems based on emails, comments, and notes students sent to my husband, a professor of physics.
When I first started collecting these, I sent a few to Lawrence Krauss at Case Western Reserve University, and he encouraged me to put them together in a book. I had this fantasy then of a mini-book of physics humor--and if it ever took off, I'd use it to promote science education . . . (Oh, such fantasies I have from time to time . . . )
Here's a sample:
Dear Professor,
You gave us that problem
about driving down the freeway at 60 MPH
in a VW bug and hitting a truck
that was driving at 75 MPH,
and you wanted to know what happened next . . .
I figured the answer was simple.
Drive a truck from now on.
Maangchi
-
My mom used to make kimchi from 200 heads of cabbage! This was kimjang
kimchi, made with her friends at the beginning of winter, and meant to last
until ...
34 minutes ago
No comments:
Post a Comment