On my first trip to visit my daughter in El Salvador, I was terrified of the men with guns. Like the nun in the post below, I saw them everywhere. I didn't want to look at them for fear . . .
On my second trip to El Salvador, I didn't notice them so much. Patrona, my daughter's friend, explained that joining the police force is one good way to get a job. And it's an ideal job at that. She talked of one of Suzanne's "brothers" (one of the sons of the family she was then living with) who got a visa to the U.S. easily after being on the police force.
On my third trip to El Salvador, I would see men with guns and think--Oh, maybe that's the driveway for the hotel. Or- a Walmart (they aren't called Walmarts in El Salvador). Or the place that Patrona stops and buys food for her pigs . . .
(But no, in answer to questions I've received, I don't expect I'll ever get used to seeing so many men with guns.)
10 Strategies to Calm Down Before a Presentation or Media Interview
-
Media coach for authors Paula Rizzo shares ten tips for reducing nerves in
order to give your best presentation or interview.
The post 10 Strategies to ...
11 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment