1. If we don’t elect a D in November, the Supreme Court will become even more conservative. McCain has promised to anoint another Alito or Roberts . . . Or how about another Scalia . . .
2. Grist is still the best source of on-line news.
3. I wish Hillary would stop wearing pantsuits. If she wants to wear a suit, why not a nice Italian men’s suit, 3-piece (navy or black or pin-striped) with a tie. And a hat. I like men’s suits and hats. They compliment every body type, and so far as I know, they don't usually come in yellow and aqua.
4. I think certain chain restaurants should be banned. They remind me of CAFOs, or Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations. CAFOs, in case you don't know, fatten animals up on hormones and grains, esp. corn. If you eat steer (or steaks) from CAFOs, you consume lots of hormones and bad karma.
5. My mom used to rant and rave against CAFOs. And my dad said he felt sorry for each and every steer. "But if I were a bull with no balls," he added, "I’d want to eat all day, too. I'd be just as happy then at CAFO. Or a Pondersa."
6. On the farm, where I grew up, the term "corn-fed" was synonymous with fat. "She's just corn-fed, that's all. You just need to give her a little time in the pasture . . . "
3 weeks ago