Friday, November 19, 2010

Erf and Berap

I have been thinking more about the need for an erf or a berap. Especially for a writer. First I am still trying to define the terms. I am thinking . . .

An erf :
1. A polite, sometimes longwinded way of saying I have no good answer for that question.
2. An eloquent bit of bullshit, best spoken with a British accent, which often translates into I don't really have an answer for this question. Or: Hell no.
3. A verbal burp or splat ( contents vary depending on the extremity of the circumstances)

A berap: an extreme erf


Another Q and A moment where the erf might come in handy:

Question: Which of your books of poems has spiritual pieces that I could read aloud at the end of yoga class?

Erf

Question: Do you have any poems that are sweet? Like you know, greeting cards?

Berap.

Question:

Do you think writers are more spiritual? Especially poets?

Berap! Berap! Berap!

No comments: