Monday, February 4, 2008

A panel with Simic

You heard Simic? Was he great?

Well. I don't know.

What did he talk about?

Notebooks. Tiny notebooks.

And the woman?

You mean Chase Twitchell?

I thought Chase was a man.

No. She wasn't.
She talked about notebooks too.
Her notebooks have cat hairs on them.

And the entire panel was about tiny notebooks?
And cat hairs?

No. One was large. Chase's.
Simic asked why it was so large.

Why?

He didn't like it.

What?

The bigness.

Bigness?

Yeah. Simic. I think he opposes bigness.

Oh. Like agoraphobia? Of a large page?

I don't know.
He seemed scared of unlined pages too.

Are you sure?

No. But I did go to the panel.

What else did they say?

Well. Hmm. Simic esp. liked this one tiny notebook.
It had moleskin. He bought it in Germany.
He held it up. Like show and tell.
Then the lady, Chase, kept patting it.

She was patting his moleskin?

Yeah.

Oh. I'm sorry I missed it.

No comments: