Sunday, March 8, 2009

Barn Owl Review

I love the new Barn Owl Review. Even just flipping through it--you can't help but get sucked into it.

I have a habit of reading the last and first parts of poems. I'll just give you a last and first to show what a mean. The last is first -- and is from Greg Rappleye's poem, "Carnivorous,"

A fight ensued, my wife asked me to leave
and within a year became my ex-,
though I kept the grill
and a recipe for chipotle rub,
and could give them to you, if your marriage
is troubled, if you truly hunger, if you still wish.

An opening line from Laura Madeline Wiseman's "My Imaginary Cock,"

My imaginary cock and I pair up for a scavenger hunt.

4 comments:

Erin O'Brien said...

All imaginary cocks are welcome here. As long as I keep them imaginary, I won't end up fighting over the Weber Kettle.

Hi Nin!

. Salon Noir . said...

yay! i subscribed to barn owl review and should be getting my copy any day now. i'm even more excited to get it seeing such a good review

. Salon Noir . said...

you should check out a journal called open face sandwich. it is strange/delightful.

Unknown said...

Too funny!