in response to being tagged for this question.
1. I've never seen Leave It to Beaver. The first time I heard someone refer to June Cleaver, I asked if that was Eldridge's mother. (I grew up with no TV)
2. I've been drunk only once in my life, and that was when I was five years old.
3. I can't see out of both eyes at the same time, so I pick which eye to use.
4. When I was a girl, I was absolutely certain I flew at night. I even remember how I did it.
5. One of my earliest memories was of this man called Toby. Toby was an African American man who would come to our farm to catch turtles. He would take a burlap bag down to the pond and come back with a snapper bigger than I was. How did you catch it, I'd ask. He always said I just feel in the mud with my toes.
6. I've never eaten a Big Mac.
7. When I was girl, my mother used to like to show off her yoga postures for my friends. She would waltz into our game room and start into a yoga move. She did the same thing to my daughter and my daughter's friends years later. Watch me, she say. Then she'd stand on her head in the middle of the carpet. She did that until she was 87 years old.
1 month ago