Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

Things I am happy about:

1. I am home from El Salvador! ( Yes, I love this country. I do. And I will love it more when Obama is president.)
2. Indoor plumbing
3. Refrigeration
4. Hot showers
5. Water that is safe drink
6. Food I can digest. (I can't wait to feel well again! I always get sick in El Salvador. )

7. My daughter will be home in 5 months!
8. Her idealism, her spirit, her desire to help others . . . ( and The Peace Corps, which I think should be better run, but the idea of it, the wish behind it, and of those who join it, I admire so . . .)

9. And this ( which has nothing to do with the fourth). A little animation my son did at CMU with some other students.
It's really, really short. It's fantastic. (Okay, I know I shouldn't brag so about my kids. Sorry.) It will make you smile.

www.leocov.com/pages/thickboxes/eyeToEye.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=620&width=845

2 comments:

Erin O'Brien said...

You used four exclamation points in this post!

I LOVED the short and added it to my WALL-E post. It is just wonderful, Nin.

Christopher Barzak said...

That was a totally awesome short animated film. I love the third, baby eye. Love it.