Wednesday, September 10, 2008

from Conversations at the Beauty Parlor

I don't know what you're talking about with corporations. Like they have rights? I don't know. I am not up on this shit.

But I do know one thing, Honey. As a black woman? I don't have the same rights or, like, opportunities. People don't get it. They think I'm just playing the race card.

But take Sarah Palin. If that lady were me. If she were a black woman from Nowhere, Ohio instead of No Place, Alaska . . . And If she had a pregnant daughter at 17? And five little kids of her own? Shit.

They'd say she was ghetto trash. Nobody would give her a chance.

2 comments:

Christopher Barzak said...

Funny how you can find the truth at home and comfy in beauty parlors. I've come across it there myself.

Erin O'Brien said...

cut it out. you're scaring me.