Monday, March 19, 2012

The Secret Life of Mannequins


The Secret Life of Mannequins

My new chapbook is out from Kattywompus Press. I love chapbooks, and I really like the editors of this tiny new press in Cleveland. I love the brevity of chapbooks. I think of them as test-runs, and I feel more free to print whatever I feel like at the time. I think everyone should write a few chapbooks in between their larger works.

This particular collection has a few of my semi-essays in it. By semi-essays, I suppose I mean what most people call creative nonfiction, a term that has always troubled me. How much is creative and how much is nonfiction? Sometimes I read samples of creative nonfiction in magazines, and the pieces seem to have nothing to do with reality, and everything to do with creativity . . . I am not sure what to make of them.

A few examples from my chapbook:

Stock Market Cycle

And a poem (which I have since edited a bit):

"Learning to Write the MFA Poem"

1 comment:

TC said...

I love that MFA poem.

Viva a bit of wicked every now and again.

(Mixed in with the good, or course.)