Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Dishwasher Safe?

Oh Ann, did you have to tell me that? That hard plastics, like Tupperware, can heat up in the dishwasher and leach nasty chemicals all over everything?

So far, I haven't found an article that says not to dishwash hard plastics. I'm still looking. There are so many articles about plastics. Plastics, plastics, and plastics. How many kinds of plastics are there? I mean jeepers. Why don't we just wrap ourselves in the stuff and forget about life. Place over the nose and mouth and breathe normally. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight.

As I was saying. Plastics. Maybe I don't want to think about it today. I want to be happy and not think at all.

But if you want to think, and want to know everything you don't want to know, check out this site:
tuberose.com/Plastics.html
And then read about all the nasty connections between chemical companies and the reviewers of safety standards for BPA Grist, August 8th issue.


And then, if you need to feel a tiny bit better, read this list from the site, Ideal Bite. But have a glass of wine first. Drink it fast. And don't read number 8.

8 Ways to Avoid Harmful Chemicals in Plastics and Canswww.idealbite.com/blog/comments/plastics_a_blessing_and_a_curse/

No comments: