Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Strange Medical Facts

I received an ad in the mail yesterday: Discover a surprising four-a-day habit that will destroy brain-draining parasites lurking in your body right now.

A couple of years ago I became suddenly ill. I lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks and kept losing. After a month, I weighed only 100 lbs. I went to doctor after doctor. Most of them told them to eat more fiber and exercise more. One suspected there were parasites that no one could recognize.

My son went to have his blood drawn 2 weeks ago. The nurse stuck the needle in and waited. Then she told him she was sorry. He didn't have any blood.

3 comments:

Zen Wizard said...

Most of the brain-draining parasites I encounter are on the OUTSIDE of my body.

If I am lucky, they have a degree from a third-tier public school.

I get rid of them by wearing a lot of Axe Bodyspray...if tears are welling in their eyes, I know it's working; sort of like that dandruff shampoo that tingles.

Jarvis Rockhall said...

I really feel that I need to make some caustic remark about how the internet is the greatest brain-draining parasite of all, but it's late and I'm still surfing the net and I'm tired and the words just won't come.

Glenn Ingersoll said...

It's theard to get a blood from a son.